Monday, August 3, 2009

Orlando Science Center PART 2

Ok. Since I posted my review of Orlando Science Center and commented about the air conditioning I have gotten a comment and heard from a family member that visited the museum. Seems that the center still has not fixed it's air conditioning. I was told from a recent guest that he complained to a few people and finally spoke to a guest relations rep that said the A/C is 12 years old and has repeatedly tried to be fixed and they are a non profit and don't have the funds for a new system. Seems to me whom ever is in charge needs to step up! I'm not a big fan of the "nonprofit" response... The employees (not volunteers) take a salary! Get working on a grant! Do some fundraising! Get it fixed.

To make matters worse, there is no mention of the broken air conditioner on the website and calls to the museum apparently go unanswered. One patron left a message to please call him back and let him know if the a/c was fixed before he drove an hour and a half the next day to get there. No such luck. He went and the a/c was out!

Don't get me wrong, I enjoyed the OSC, but no A/C in Central Florida in AUGUST is a recipe for disaster!

Hmmm. Any comment from OSC? What's the deal?

3 comments:

  1. I just posted a comment on your July post. Now I see a more recent one. Have you called the OSC? I think I will and call their attention to your family blog. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great news! The air conditioning has been back to its normal levels for about a week now. Please see the following from the Science Center CEO (http://www.osc.org/upload/osc_joanncenflyer1.jpg). During the time the air conditioning was being repaired, we gave out free water, a free return ticket and approximately 20% off the day's admission.

    We hope that you continue to visit Orlando Science Center and enjoy all the exhibits, programs and films mentioned in the previous posts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I sent a couple of emails to the OSC and was told the AC is fixed! I see some one posted a response from OSC- seems to be true. I'll be going this week!

    ReplyDelete