Thursday, August 27, 2009

Phialdelphia Dinner at Pizzicato

We were walking down Market Street during the afternoon and took notice of Pizzicato during it's busy lunch hour. The restaurant is a block or so from Ben Franklin's house, which was an interesting 10 minute stop on our travels. I checked out the menu and a waiter saw us with the two kids. He was very polite, asked how our day was, if we were visiting from out of town (it was a work day and we were obviously not the work lunch crowd). I said, we'll be back for dinner. We returned a few hours later and took a table inside. It was a warm sunny day and my wife wanted a cooler area to sit, after a long day of exploring the city.

The restaurant waiter asked if we would like something not on the menu for the kids, such as chicken fingers and fries or plain pasta. My son had the pizza Margherita and my daughter had penne with marinara sauce. My wife had there lasagna and I had a pizza with grilled chicken, spinach, fresh mozzarella, red onion and proscuitto. We were very happy with the meal and would go there again. The prices were fair ($10 for a personal pizza) and the service (I think our waiters name was Ross) was fantastic.

No comments:

Post a Comment